JOB TITLE: LOGISTIC ASSISTANT
The ICRC is an impartial, neutral, and independent international humanitarian organization.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website at www.icrc.org.
The ICRC Sub-Delegation in Jos is looking for a qualified candidate with the capacity to work independently to fill in the following interesting position.
- Supervises independently the work performed by team members
- Maintains independently the ICRC logistic computer systems (FSS)
- Performs various Logistics functions, Local Purchase, Fleet management, Warehousing (including medical warehouse), dispatch, and statistics
- Ensures that the departments have their needs and requests addressed within a reasonable timeframe, in accordance to ICRC procedures
- Trains logistic “clients”
- Supervises specific aspect of logistic independently
- Handles logistical files independently for all matters relating to Requisition Orders, Purchasing and Warehousing
- Implements and runs logistic procedures
- Negotiates contractual matters with external interlocutors
- Follows ICRC Logistics procedures
- Minimum 4 years experience in a similar field
- Capacity to carry out complex activities
- Flexibility, availability to work overtime when needed
- Willingness to learn
- Good command of spoken and written English Other languages an asset
- Excellent computer skills (Word and Excel), including ICRC standard computer systems
- Capacity to deal with people, to lead and to develop contact
- Driving license an asset
- University degree in logistic or administration
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and sense of initiative
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures
- Good knowledge of ICRC rules and procedures
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability
How to apply
Please submit your application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates, referees) to,
The Administrator, ICRC Delegation
No. 29 Kumasi Crescent, Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II, Abuja.
Please clearly indicate” Jos Logistic Assistant” on your letter,
Only complete files matching with the profiles will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 7th May, 2012