Position: S1 Driver
Applicants must have held a full Nigerian Driving licence for at least two years, with no previous traffic convictions.
Applicants should be presentable, courteous and have a good command of written and spoken English.
A good working knowledge of Nigerian roads and especially the Abuja area is essential.
Applicants who are shortlisted will be invited to take a practical driving test, written test and a competence based interview.
The British High Commission is looking for an official driver to work in its Transport Section. The duties will include:
- Daily maintenance checks on BHC vehicles.
- Ensuring all vehicles are roadworthy before starting on their journey.
- Driving BHC staff to meetings and functions in and around Abuja.
- Driving BHC staff to meetings and functions in other States within Nigeria.
- Driving the BHC’s Rapid Response Vehicle.
- Regular journeys to and from Abuja Airport to pick up passengers from and to the Domestic and International terminals respectively.
- Regular journeys to the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos.
- Completing accurate journey record sheets for all journeys in official vehicles.
BHC opening hours are from 8am – 4:00pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am – 1.00pm on Friday. All BHC drivers operate on a shift system to provide vehicle coverage 24 hours per day, for which an allowance is paid. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake night shift and weekend shift working in addition to the usual day shift working. The job will be graded S1 with a monthly starting salary of N156, 813.00 per month. A successful candidate who is not liable to pay Nigerian tax will be subject to a 10 % notional tax deduction on the basic salary. The salary will be paid in Naira.
Application Closing Date
Friday 20th September 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send applications with full curriculum vitae and a typed written covering letter statement in support of the application
Applications should be sent to:
Human Resources Assistant
British High Commission Abuja
19 Torrens Close
Or by e-mail to: email@example.com